Auto Upholstery Fabrics – Make up Your Mind
When you care for your car’s looks, not only do you want it to have a showcase luster, you want it to have attractive, serviceable auto upholstery fabric. You just have to do research and you will find that there is a wide variety of leather, cloth, vinyl as well as embossing options for your vehicle. Not only that, warehouses stock yards upon yards of original and factory-matched reproductions.
Restyled Inside – Regardless of Fabric
Some classic car collectors of vehicles dating back to the early 1900s may well worry that the wool upholstery interiors of their classic cars is no longer available, but there are manufacturers of auto upholstery fabrics who produce wool fabrics to match different makes and models of cars
It is wise to check out the different kinds of car upholstery fabrics according to the lifestyle you lead. If you spend a lot of time in your car carting kids and pets around, your upholstery requirements will be quite different to the business person who travels alone back and forth to the office each day.
- Nylon – this is one of the more common materials used because of its durability. You can easily use a vacuum on it to pick up dirt from your car seat. You can use a sponge with some hot water and mild detergent to gently but firmly remove stains from the fabric surface.
- Vinyl – this is also a common car upholstery material and can also be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- Polyester – it is similar to the look and feel of suede leather, but it is more prone to stains. Using a damp cloth, you can also use gentle detergent to clean it. Make sure not to get polyester too wet as it can leave a water mark.
- Faux Leather – a popular choice for those who love the look of leather. Faux leather is waterproof and merely requires a wipe down to keep it clean.
- Leather – you’ll need to use proper leather-cleaning products for real leather upholstery.
All car upholstery may well look similar at first glance, but beneath those exteriors are differences which will affect your driving pleasure. Years of research has been invested in each kind of upholstery which will have a radical effect on longevity, quality and comfort for every driver’s lifestyle.